Fidget Feet are excited to announce Future Producers, a 2-month producer training opportunity.
Applications close 14 April 2023
We are seeking 3 individuals who already have some administration, project management or producing experience and are seeking a next step in their professional development as a producer/towards being a producer. In particular, we are looking for people who are interested in upskilling in the speciality of Circus, Street Arts and Spectacle producing.
The training will take 16 days, a mix of in-person (at the Irish Aerial Creation Centre in Limerick and the Irish Aerial Dance Festival in Donegal) and online. It will involve a combination of training activities, coaching, and mentoring, including looking at real-life project examples and the work of the partner organisations. The final 2 days will take place at Fidget Feet’s Irish Aerial Dance Festival in Donegal alongside Fidget Feet’s 25-year celebrations and include some industry networking. After the training, participants will be paired with either Fidget Feet, NCFI, or Loosysmokes for one week of paid work experience. The end of the project will take place at the National Circus Festival of Ireland
To apply, please use the application system to send your CV (maximum 2 pages) plus a statement detailing:
- Your previous experience (maximum 500 words)
- Why you would like to participate (maximum 300 words)
- Confirming your availability for the following dates
- Please supply 2 references
Alternatively, you can apply with a ~3-minute video talking to the camera. You will receive an email confirming we have received your application.
We will shortlist applicants against the details supplied above and invite shortlisted candidates to individual interviews over Zoom. Interview questions will be shared in advance.
Application deadline – Midnight, Friday 14 April
All applicants notified of outcome of application – Friday 21 April
Zoom interviews – Monday 24 April
Interviewees notified of outcome of interviews – Tuesday 25 April
If you have any questions about the project or role, including any access requirements please email Fidget Feet at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a chat.
We actively encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from people of all genders, nationalities, races, cultural backgrounds, ages, religions, languages, different abilities, sexual orientations or socio-economic statuses.
In partnership with the National Circus Festival of Ireland, Loosymokes, Kath Gorman of Promenade, and Kevin Wratten of Split Second (UK), from early June until late July.
Funded by the Arts Council’s Capacity Building Support Scheme.
- Participants will receive a €90 fee per day for the training days and a €500 fee for their week of work experience. Accommodation, travel expenses and per diems have also been allocated and participants would be responsible to work within the budget.
- For individuals who have specific needs, we will work to ensure you have the facilities in place for any work needing to be carried out online whether that is the interview or the training programme itself. We also work to create a more inclusive environment with targeted support for those that need assistance in certain areas so that you can fully participate in the training programme.
- The Irish Aerial Creation Centre is an accessible ground floor location with an accessible toilet near the building’s entrance and a wheelchair-access ramp at the entrance of the building.
- Irish Aerial Dance Festival takes place at Aura Leisure Centre, Letterkenny and An Grianán Theatre in Letterkenny. An Grianán Theatre has accessible toilet facilities in the lower foyer area with two lifts in the venue. Aura Arena, Letterkenny is wheelchair accessible with accessible toilets in the member service area.
|1 week with Fidget Feet. Re-staging When the Moon Spun Round||Irish Aerial Creation Centre, Limerick (IACC)||Monday 4 – Friday 8 September|
|*Culture Night with the National Circus Festival Ireland (NCFI)||Kerry||Monday 18 – Friday 22 September|
|**Organising the Ballydehob Parade & Spectacle show with Looseysmokes||Ballydehob||Thursday 26 October – Tuesday 31 October|
*Subject to funding. If funding is not granted we will grant work experience as part of NCFI in November.
**Subject to funding. If funding is not granted we will grant work experience at another time and date.
AREAS COVERED IN THE PROGRAMME
The Future Producers training will offer hands-on training and mentorships tackling some of the key jobs a producer would undertake, while also offering an opportunity for peer-to-peer support.
Areas covered include:
- Getting a project off the ground/where do you begin?
- Communication the project’s vision and ensuring everyone is on the same page
- Working with artists – establishing and maintaining good relationships
- Sounding board for the artistic/creative team
- Planning, scheduling and logistics
- Fundraising, grant applications, sponsorship etc
- Finance and budgeting
- Marketing and communications
- Insurance, ensuring legal compliance and appropriate policies are in place
- Contracts, copyright etc
- Ideas development
- Partnership development including other collaborators
- Recruitment and management of non-creative team members, e.g. production manager, PR etc
- Site/venue scouting and tour booking
- Attention to detail
- Time management and deadlines
- Working under pressure
- Dealing with stressful situations
- Communication skills
WHAT IS AERIAL DANCE?
It’s Dance! It’s Creative! It’s flying with style! Combining athleticism & creative expression. While using low-hanging trapeze, aerial silks, spirals, hoops & cocoons. A beautiful art form, while having fun and building strength!
Wanna try it out?
Our Aerial Creation Centre in Limerick provides workshops, kids classes, adult classes & bootcamps.
WE ARE CELEBRATING 25 YEARS!
2023 marks 25 years of Fidget Feet leading the way in aerial performance in Ireland.
We’ll spend the whole year celebrating with our audiences, funders, partners, board, staff, artists, arts workers and sharing with you ALL what we do best which is Aerial Arts for ALL!